Cabo San Lucas Homes for Sale - Selling a Home
Appreciating Values on Cabo San Lucas Homes for Sale
Over time, the value of a house will go up and down. Property values on Cabo San Lucas homes for sale almost always rise, given enough time. In real estate, though, there is always a certain amount of risk.
When your house appreciates you have a more valuable asset to borrow against, and you'll create a higher profit when you sell. Property values on Cabo San Lucas homes shift for various reasons, so how will you know what you're buying right now won't depreciate the day after you close? Choosing an agent to list your Cabo San Lucas home for sale who recognizes the factors that affect local prices is the most important aspect to consider.
What is the biggest factor impacting real estate appreciation in Cabo San Lucas? It goes without saying that mortgage rates, unemployment, business growth, government programs and quite a few other national determinants have a noticeable influence on your home's worth. But the most important things that figure your home's value are specific to the local Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur economy and residential market.
Access to services: Proximity to schools and work have a great impact on almost all home buyers' choices in Cabo San Lucas home for sale. So when it comes to holding their value, these areas consistently appreciate better than others.
Recent home sales: You should receive information on the recent Cabo San Lucas homes for sale in the neighborhoods you are interested in from your real estate agent. You'll need to learn figures like time on market and listing price versus selling price.
Appreciation history: Have home prices in Cabo San Lucas increased or decreased over the past 5-10 years? Is the community thought of as desirable because of its location or affordability?
Local economy: Is there a fair blend of business in a particular Cabo San Lucas area, or does it depend on just one industry? Have companies moved into or away from an area? Are local companies hiring? All these play a role.
Perfecting your Cabo San Lucas Home for Sale for an Open House
Professional home staging is an established strategy that usually guarantees less time on the market for Cabo San Lucas homes for sale. In addition to fewer days on the market, home staging may result in higher offers on the property. Think about professional home staging for a faster home sale in Cabo San Lucas.
Staging is part of preparing your Cabo San Lucas home for sale for an Open House. Staging concentrates energy on your home's presentation to buyers while showing off the details of your home with strategically placed furniture and decorations so that your home looks as if it's bigger and buyers can picture living in your home in Cabo San Lucas.
If you've fully moved out already, consider renting furniture. You want your house to look warm as opposed to cold and empty. More weeks on the market are sure signs of Cabo San Lucas homes for sale that weren't staged. As a successful real estate agent in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, I can give you home staging tips so that your home sells fast. Staging your home for an Open House shouldn't be thought of as a problem. It can actually be a blast. Together, we'll strive for a premium offer for your property.
Staging Your Home Checklist
- Remove all clutter from the house
- Are countertops free and clear?
- Have you removed unnecessary furniture throughout the house?
- Remove the art gallery and coupon collection from the refrigerator.
Check the bathrooms
- Are the surfaces clean and clear?
- Are shower curtains and doors hung properly?
- Is the flooring clean and fresh?
- Are towels neatly hung?
Check the walls
- Is paint and wallpaper fresh and clean?
- Are the walls free from holes?
- Are there any colors or objects on the walls that need to be removed?
Check the floors
- Is the carpet clean and free from stains?
- Are hard surface floors clean and free from stains?
Check windows and window coverings
- Are all the windows clean?
- Are draperies and blinds clean?
- Are there any signs that this is a pet's home? Be sure to clean and remove kitty litter, pet toys and bedding.
How's the aroma?
- Try to air out the home prior to showings.
- If air freshener is necessary, use well before showings as a consideration to those with allergies.
Set the mood prior to showings
- Open draperies and blinds.
- Turn on the radio to a classical music station, set the volume on low.
- If you have time, cook a batch of cookies to have the warm, welcoming aroma permeating the home.
Curb appeal is your best chance to make a strong first impression on buyers before they step foot into your home for sale in Cabo San Lucas. The pluses and minuses that jump out at buyers create their initial perception of your house and how you keep up your home's regular maintenance. Understanding this assists us in determining what actions we can take to draw Cabo San Lucas home buyers from the street and into your home. If your home isn't at its best on the outside with refreshed paint and colorful greenery it's time to get those things done. Refer to the Curb Appeal Checklist and elevate your house's final selling price.
Check the home from the roof line down
- Is the roof free and clear from obstructions?
- Are the gutters clear and neatly hung?
- Are the windows clean and free from obstructions (such as overgrown bushes or trees)?
- Are bushes, trees and shrubs neatly pruned?
Inspect the condition of the paint or siding
- Is it time to power wash the siding?
- Is touch up paint needed?
- Is the front door in good shape?
Check the flower beds
- Are plants neatly pruned?
- Is the bed free and clear of weeds?
- Is the bed properly mulched?
- Are flowers in bloom?
Keep the lawn neatly groomed
- Is the lawn free from weeds?
- Is the lawn free from grass clippings?
- Is the lawn neatly edged?